2 May 2013, 5:30-8:00 p.m.
are $25 and are available at the Library
to the Library's ninth
annual spring fundraiser
- a wine and beer event - being held at here at MMPL!
Come to the Library to enjoy a delightful evening with friends. There will be a fine wine-tasting by Cotuit Liquors and a beer tasting by Cape Cod Beer. The hors d'oeuvres will be prepared by White's Catering of Orleans.
Peruse our selection of wonderful silent auction items and bid on your favorites. Don't forget to put your name and number on your ticket to enter our raffle.
There will be separate stations for tasting wine and beer, each with knowledgeable pourers who can discuss the products in further detail and answer any of your questions.
Part of the evening's fun is bidding on our selection of silent auctions items, contributed by local artists and businesses. This list will continue to grow in the coming weeks, so please be sure to check back:
• A Three Bays boat tour at sunset for two-to-four people
• Original works of art
• A hand-turned wooden bowl by Jim Silva
• One hour of genealogical consultation by David Martin
• Six soups for six months, made by Susan Martin
• West Falmouth Harbor sunset kayak tour for four with lobster rolls
• A set of bookends
• A certificate to find three missing friends or classmates, by Find My Classmates (Sue Martin)
• Two vintage bicycles: one men's, one women's, courtesy of Ken Voorhees
• A handmade soft-sculpture doll by Mary Wyman
• Japanese dragon tea set
• Four Season (reproductions of prints by Andrew Wyeth)
• Stained glass sailing ship
• Hand-carved and handmade jewelry
• Ceramic sailing ship wall clock
• Oil painting by Noel Weber
• Gift card from Pizza Wave
• Gift cards from Upper Cut Salon
• Watercolor by Nancy Minnigerode
• Gift card from Robert Guertin Jeweler
• Blown glass sculpture from McDermott Glass
• Oil painting by Betty Heslin
• Old-style weather globe
• Sawgrass basket
• Japanese bud vase
• Two prints by Thomas McKnight
• Gift card from Cannon Sprinklers
• Signed numbered print of "Brooksby Farm" by Robin Richard Emrich
top of page
This special evening is a fundraiser for the Library, and many businesses and individuals have donated materials and services to help make it a success. We'd like to point out that our supporters aren't just from Marstons Mills but also from Osterville, Sandwich, West Falmouth and other villages on the Cape, making this event a great opportunity to "buy locally." Please keep our sponsors in mind the next time you're in need of gifts, services or a great meal, and let them know you're aware of their sponsorship of the Library.
Visit our 2013 sponsors' and donors' sites! (more to come)
top of page